Terms & conditions
Young Joinery Ltd (“the contractor”) has recently prepared a Quote or Estimate for the Customer for work (“the Works”) on the Customer’s property (“the Property”). In addition to any terms and conditions, which appear on the Quote or Estimate, including the price (“the Agreed Price”) the Customer and the Contractor agree as follows:
1. The Quote or Estimate shall remain valid for a period of 30 days from the date the Quote or Estimate, is written. The Contractor cannot guarantee quoted prices after this period has lapsed.
2. In consideration for the payment of the Agreed Price the Contractor agrees to carry out the Works with due diligence and with all reasonable speed in a proper and work man like manner.
3. This Agreement incorporates the description of Works and any goods and materials in the Quote or Estimate.
4. The Customer shall give the Contractor access to the Property to carry out the Works at all reasonable times.
5. Ownership to any goods supplied and paid for by the Contractor or his agents, whether installed or not, shall not pass to the Customer until all invoices for goods and services supplied have been paid in full.
6. If the Customer requires additional work to be carried out by the Contractor, the parties shall negotiate the costs and time required for them to be carried out with a view to reaching an agreement. The Contractor shall not be obliged to carry out any additional work unless and until the parties have agreed the costs and time in writing.
7. If the value of the quotation exceeds the sum of £6,000 (inclusive of VAT) we may require payment of a 20% deposit as commitment to progress, payable within 7 days of receipt of order.
8. Our standard payment terms are strictly 7 days. We understand and will exercise our statutory right to claim compensation for any reasonable costs in event of late payment.
9. It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations please contact us.
**Consumer complaints: If you have a complaint against us for any work carried out or goods supplied, then put this in writing to us, at our main address as soon as possible. We aim to resolve the matter quickly. As a member of the Fife Council Trusted Trader scheme we are bound by their consumer dispute resolution process, and if we are unable to reach agreement then Trading Standards will provide an informal conciliation service, you can contact them on 01592 583141 or at firstname.lastname@example.org Should this process fail to conclude the matter, then a referral can be made to Ombudsman Services, www.ombudsman-services.org who provide an independent, expert dispute resolution service to the Fife Council Trusted Trader scheme. We will abide by their decision**